We are seeking a Civil Engineer- EIT, to join our land development engineering team. This person will be working on Commercial, Residential, and Municipal Land Development projects, with an emphasis on water management (drainage/stormwater design and permitting). The initial responsibility of this person will be setting up construction site plans and drainage calculations for Commercial, Residential, and Municipal Land Development.
Candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Site Investigation & Due Diligence, including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen.
- Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems, including use of Hydrology design software. Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems, including drainage area maps, surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning’s Equation. Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality.
- Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis
- Design of Utility Systems, including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, water, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
- Project Coordination, Including conferring with client, attorney, project team and affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive engineering plans, calculations, and permit applications
- Preparation of Written Correspondence with outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 2-10 years of land development civil engineering experience, including drainage and stormwater design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter, and have a strong desire to learn and excel under the mentoring of a company principal
- Knowledge of the planning and zoning process is a plus
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals is a plus.
We are seeking team spirited, motivated land development/civil engineers who thrive on the challenge of diverse projects in a supportive and personal work environment.
Simmons & White, Inc. offers an unsurpassed work environment designed to retain and motivate a talented, unified team with an excellent benefit package including paid vacation, sick/personal leave, medical insurance, retirement program, performance based bonuses, continuing education, membership dues for professional affiliations and unlimited opportunity for professional growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Sponsorship not offered. US Citizen or current US work authorization required. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (561) 478-3738.